Friday, March 03, 2006

student-ness

I'm sitting here waiting for P Jorgesen to pick me up for a weekend of camp madness. He said he'd be here at noon but I have a feeling it will be a little later than that. That is okay, I'm not really ready - mentally that is. Every year I wonder why I do this to myself. It always ends up being alot of fun but it is...so tiring. Not that I should be doing this for myself...Alright, I guess that settles it. This isn't about me at all.
I didn't really sleep a whole lot this week. There was some unsettling feeling in the air all week that prevented me from functioning in any real sort of way. And no, it was not the humpty's mozza sticks this time. I didn't even venture into the humpty's this week (my digestive tract is eternally grateful I'm sure). Unfortunately, not going into humpty's means that I didn't see Anna either.

I started school this week. That's right, I'm a student again! Not just a member of the working class. To be honest I am sort of thrilled about it. I love new books. I love new pens. I love shrink wrap. Um, that's about as far as I got actually. I fear now that all the shrink wrap has been peeled off everything my attention will soon wane. It's sort of ridiculous, the moment I opened my box of textbooks I started procrastinating. Ruthey asked me to study with her and I told her 'alright, I just have to go find my calculator.' I found my calculator alright...I also found my stethoscope which I played with for approximately the next hour and a half. Turns out Ruthey has slight crackles to the bases of her lungs. Did I mention that my heartrate is 95 bpm? I must be stressed or something.

It's good to be a student again.

J.Wilgus

3 comments:

David Hengen said...

ah... the life of a student. i hope you slide back into to nicely. have fun at reunion.

95bpm? is that bad? you must let me know what a solid range is.

take it easy

Jemma said...

a solid range is 60 - 80 bpm. for awhile there I was 125 - 130 bpm. maybe I should cut back on the coffee balls.

J

Anonymous said...

Jenna, had I seen your last post sooner I would have commented. Instead I will do it now. It was phenomenal for real. The intro sentence was deep, and hopefully unscripted.

Ian out.