Saturday, August 05, 2006

confession time

Today I spent most of the afternoon trying to think of ways I can avoid procrastinating when I start school in the fall. Unfortunately this afternoon I was supposed to be doing my statistics homework meaning...I was procrastinating while thinking up ways not to procrastinate. What's worse is that I didn't actually reach any sort of solution to my problem. I realized that, while I have any length of time in which to procrastinate, 9 times out of 10 (which is, 90%...ha, take that stats!) I will use that time to procrastinate. In other words, if it is Friday night and I have until Sunday evening at 9pm to finish my work, chances are very good that I will begin the work Sunday at 8pm.
The reason I am bringing this up is because earlier this week Hengen pegged me as slacker. That is, he pegged me as a slacker without any prior knowledge of my studying habits. Come to think of it, so did Josh. Anyway, I wanted to prove everyone wrong come fall but I see now that that is impossible. So guys, I hate to say it, but you are right, I am a slacker. Best to stop the charades before they start. Apparently I was transparent anyway.

Now, back to the homework...

Jenna

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello jenna!!
i just got this email from duane that had his blog, that connected to yours, and i was like wow! jenna wilkie! it's been too long!! I tried emailing you a couple times but the emails came back it was a sad day, but here you are! your west coast trail trip looked amazing! i'm so jealous, i would love to do that hike again (and next time with people who are a little closer to my age...) anyway! i'd love to hear from you one day!
Colleen Giesbrecht (formly hazle)
colleengiesbrecht@yahoo.ca

David Hengen said...

at least you get your work done, right? i can definitely respect that.

Jemma said...

it always gets done some way or another...

Anonymous said...

I may have pegged you a slacker... however, I didnt lable you a slacker for life...

there is hope....

-Josh

(maybe a 5-10% hope, but hope it is)

Jemma said...

I'll hold onto any hope I can get. Thanx Josh.

Anonymous said...

It funny that you were procrastinating while you were writting that

Anonymous said...

At least she admitted it .. gosh look at the silver lining dan!

You still rock Jenna!