Friday, February 29, 2008

good morning starshine, the earth says hello!

I never thought I'd be saying this but...I love mornings! I love the feeling of getting up...starting the day early and getting the most out of it. You know, instead of sleeping through the brilliant, rising sun and chirping birds, getting out of bed to enjoy the fresh beauty of a new day...
And yes, this is Jenna writing this post. Shocking hey? Anyone who knows me well knows that historically, morning has been my mortal enemy. In the past, not only did I not wake up until most of it was over, but even after I pulled my sorry, lethargic self out of bed I still wasn't fully conscience until closer to dinner. Yes it's true, I was not born a morning person. But recently I have started to realize that I have been missing out all these years. There really is nothing more enjoyable than getting up and going for a walk first thing in the morning. It is such a wonderful thing. And today while I was strolling down a river valley path with some friends we encountered a loonie and two quarters lying in the middle of the path. How does that old adage go? The early bird gets the cold hard cash? If that's not positive enforcement then I don't know what is. At the very least it was enough to buy a coffee to wake one of us up enough to open our eyes. It is tricky trying to navigate an icy, twisty path with closed eyes...

4 comments:

Karyn Clemens said...

Early mornings are still my mortal enemy :) I will never be a morning person, regardless of whether I have to get up early for work or school...as has been the case for the last few years.

~K~

Anonymous said...

I love mornings. I am not sure if I always did, but I certainly do now. The house is quiet (unfortunately I have 3 housemates plus one roommate, so I can't be noisy, but I am productive and happy and life is good in the mornings. It's the afternoons I could live without.... I usually catch up on my sleeping then.

Lowell & Julie said...

If you need to foster your love for mornings, you should spend some quality time (i.e., sleep over) at my parents' place in Lethy. Perhaps you could even pick up Carlynne and my old paper route and have them delivered by 7am sharp. I'm sure that'll be no problemo given your new love for mornings:) Don't worry though...Mom & Dad always do (did) the route on Saturdays!!

Lowell & Julie said...

PS- I LOVE finding money!!!