Monday, September 18, 2006

bring on pumpkin season


So I'm a student again. Weirdness. I might get beat up for saying this, but it is so nice to have a little bit of slackness in my life again. Sure there are deadlines and such, but compared to working full time...school seems like a vacation. On the other hand, I haven't really started most of my classes yet. Perhaps there is a difficulty to being a student that I cannot remember. Or maybe I just never took being a student all that seriously. Either way I will find out. At this moment though, I am enjoying studentness. I love new books. I love office supplies. I love handing in assignments. I...don't love tuition or electives. But I do love feeling like I'm accomplishing something.

I'm enjoying alot of things about Edmonton this year actually. Lately Anna and I have been discovering alot of little coffee shops and such. Coffee shops are one of my favorite places. It is so enjoyable to go to a coffee shop to read or play cards with a good friend. I know that it is not very original but it is something I find comfort in it. We spend so much time stressing ourselves out these days that it is good to indulge in a little comfort from time to time. Hey while I'm on the topic of coffee shops I may as well put in a plug for my friend Andrew Legg who just opened up his own coffee shop here in Edmonton. It's called Transcend. If anyone is interested there is a website: www.transcendcoffee.com. I am planning to go there frequently this year, it looks very cool.

Life. Like Hengen I am rejoicing because it is nice and simple right now. I have very little to complain about. Summer was awesome and now it is getting close to snowboarding season. And as most of you know, that makes me very happy. It's almost time to bust out a little bit of Warren Miller action. I can't watch them too soon though. Watching ski movies when I can't actually snowboard makes me ridiculously ansy. I start fantasizing about snow...waxing my board over and over...putting my snowsuit on multiple times throughout the day and parading around my house in it...it sort of freaks my roomates out I think. So maybe I'll wait another week to start.

Yeah, life is good.

J

7 comments:

Bibi said...

I can so relate. Love new books, office supplies, and coffee shops. Couldn't live w/o them ;-)

~kevan~ said...

I will assume then that because you are now enjoying being a student that your purgatory known as stats has come to an end?

Jemma said...

SIGH...another week and a half and it will be done. The end is near.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenna, how I miss the days of being a student. Some of the best times of my life. You don't have much in the way of responsiblity, you run your life at your speed, and it's fun. Today is one of those days where I miss being a student, one of those days where I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, face the world, or do anything. As a student I could have just kept sleeping, got up at my own pace, and if I didn't feel like facing the world, I could have gone back to sleep tonight and been no further behind. Not being a student I would have missed out on 8 hours of work that needed to get done AND would have been out at least $100.

I need to go back to school!

D

Anonymous said...

Yeah , same here. School is work kinda but it's nice to just chill go at your own pace not the worlds and just actually enjoy what you're doing. That's cool that you are doing that, because it's important for us to ,you know, every so often stop and look around us look at all the stuff Gods made and has given us ... it's kinda like reality check; I find when i'm taking my day slower one thing at a time i find myself more relaxed and more thankful for what Gods doing in my life.

Whoa I think i went of topic there, but the point is .

Take things slower ( even for fast paced work people) take it slower and try to actually enjoy what's in front of you.

vicky

Jemma said...

I agree with you Vicky. I don't appreciate the things God has blessed me with nearly enough.

And Duane...you should go back to school with me! Sleeping in is wonderful.

J

Anonymous said...

cool cool it's awesome that we're on the same page.