Wednesday, September 13, 2006

cantankerous killer kittens riding kicycles in caves

I figured if I didn't post something soon people would eventually stop reading our blog. Am I correct? I find myself even checking my blog to see if anything new has been added...since Anna apparently isn't going to pick up the slack (might have something to do with her lack of internet) I guess that means it's all on me. So you'd think one of the reasons I hadn't written was due to the fact that I didn't have any excitement going on in my life. Actually (and don't act too surprised) it is quite the contrary. There is so much going on right now that I can't even pull myself away to write a little blurb. Um, that is, except for now. Now being the time when I should be sleeping.

So my roommate Kaarina has developed a new way to combat roommate conflict. Stocks! Not like stocks and bonds, but actual wooden stocks. We decided that whenever we think one of us is being silly we should just drag them out to the backyard and lock them in the stocks for a couple of hours. I'm willing to wager that once the icy cold winds of winter hit sillyness will get old real quick. Also, chances are the person in the stocks would be forced to socialize with our cantankerous, senile polish neighbors. The ones who like to periodically spy on us from their backyard. They are so weird - I can't even imagine a more intolerable punishment. Oh wait, yes I can...being locked in stocks in the backyard in the dead of winter and being forced to read a statistics textbook. That is the story of my life lately, minus the stocks and winterness. Anyway, the moral of the story is: when conventional methods of solving conflict cease to be effective...just use brute force! Whenever my brothers and I ran into conflict we prettymuch just ended up smacking eachother around. It's quick, it's easy, it's satisfying...

Wow, I am completely off topic now. That's not what I intended to write about at all. What was it again? Oh yeah, what I've been up to for the last month. Since I have already wasted so much sleeping time already I'm going to have to sum it up. Okay here I go: birthday party in the graveyard, camp, rope swing of death, herds of wild turkeys, murderous wasps, 'kicycle man', caving, and "HIV" the killer kittens.

I love my vacations.

J

3 comments:

~kevan~ said...

Do you actually have a set of stocks? 'Cause that would be weird.

Jemma said...

no, at this moment we don't actually own any. Kaarina says she is going to build some though. Hey, if you know of anyone who owns some...

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't a more intolerable punishment to be locked to the stocks in the dead of winter in your neighbour's back yard...reading Stats!

Honestly, if these polish neighbours are truely spying on you, and they don't know that you know they're spying on you, then you should do something to really mess them up when they're spying on you and then bust them.

D