Wednesday, April 12, 2006

the countdown begins...

It is that time of the year again when I pull out my shorts and sunglasses in anticipation of the approaching summer months. I am bored of this luke warm weather and want hot weather NOW! A few times I have put on some shorts and a t-shirt hoping that on the other side of my front door will be some complying weather. Each time I have been disappointed at the return and have had to traipse back to my room to put on longer layers. There has been moderately warm weather, but it lasts only for a few minutes it seems.

It is in these times that I wish I lived in the mountains, or at least somewhere more nature-ish. The sound of ambulances and the power lines right outside my bedroom window are a little bit depressing. There is something to be said for a slower place of life with less people and less noise. I do not feel this way because I am old, I just prefer the smell of the nature over the smell of pollution. I prefer the peaks of mountains over the peaks of tall commercial buildings. Mountain goats to stray cats.

No comments: