Friday, April 28, 2006

most people were overjoyed


You know...I don't think it can be said enough. The death cab for cutie concert was absolutely wonderful. As I stood in the crowd gazing up at Ben belting out his beautiful music I was filled with an overwhelming sense of awe. I only have three complaints: 1. that it wasn't longer 2. they didn't sing transatlanticism and 3. the show wasn't in a small cafe where I could be sitting right next to them instead of trying to see around the tall people standing in front of me. Now wouldn't that be lovely? A cafe concert that is.

I also had fun with the hackey sac between bands. I don't think people hac enough these days. Back in...1998 you couldn't find a person that didn't have a hackey sac in their pocket. As soon as people formed anything that even resembled a circle a hac was dropped in the center. And who remembers killer? Steve wanted to play killer the other night and no one else was up for it...but steve, just so you know I also secretly wanted to play killer. Sure it involves very little skill, but who cares? It's like dodge ball, baseball, soccer, and a firing squad all in one. How could that not be fun?

You know what else we should play?...calvinball!!!

Jenna

5 comments:

Jemma said...

that last bit could almost have been a haiku.

almost.

J

Jemma said...

the archduke's...remind me again who the archduke's are (excuse me if I'm being daft)?

J

Jemma said...

hmmm, very interesting. impressive even. I'll add it to my list of random knowledge.
back to the original question though - I think franz must have accidentally left their set at home. It was like going to a play and not seeing any props. disappointing to be sure.

Jemma said...

Jenna, did you also know that Archduke Franz Ferdinand had a lovely wife named Sofia? it is true. She was also assasinated. Lovely people, tragic story.


-A.

Lisa said...

ashley was tough and the concert was wicked. i believe an "abooyah" is in order.