Sunday, October 01, 2006

ANNA Is BACK. Hello again.

Jenna never thought that I would ever write on this Co-Blog again. Not true Jenna, here I am writing. I have re-added the co in our co-blog. Actually, you just left an hour ago. I miss you. Wanna come over and play crib? Its not too late.

Okay, this is my peeve at school. I bet 80% of the girls at University have a sweater from LuluLemon. Kinda makes me sick. I think that being at camp for three months has destroyed my ability to put up with trendy "got have the latest" people. All identical clones of the same ginger bread recipie. Uck. Sometimes it gets to my head and I feel this indirect pressure that I should look completly done up. Sometimes I want to be pretty and attractive too. Truth is that I do think I am beautiful when I am not around large crowds of these trendy people. Maybe not Jenna beautiful or Niki Taylor beautiful, but enough. So How does one not hate themselves and other people in this kinda world. I am not really looking for answers, just to sit here and reflect on the evils of my inner conflicts is kinda interesting. Here is the main point, I hate wanting. I hate wanting different clothes, different pillow cases, different hair, different furniture, Jenna' s swearter. I hate it. I am a minimalist. I worked at a mall for a total of 2 months and it got to me soo much that I had to quit. Stuff is useless. Hair styles are a waste of time. Pony tails are fast and practical.

I knew that my PITs would have a transition period after camp to re-adjust to 'normal' life. But I never considered that I would have a hard time re-adjusting. I kinda hate it. I want to go back to living out of society. Dwell in the forest in some kind of Ewok-village- style abode. Jenna are you coming?

I am ready to leave North America. Travel. Live on a beach working in a hut selling necklaces or something. Actually, the more that we joke about it, the more I really want to do it. Abandon this and go.

Jenna and I are going to practise living on a beach in March. We are going to Hawaii for a week. Yay Yay Yay vacations on a beach. I have never been to one. We intend to be enteretained by the Draxlir brothers and learn how to surf. We may nto return.



I promise that I will write again. Many times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. When I'm out in the mountains with a few people who aren't all obsessed with how they look I seriously don't feel gross and untrendy and ugly.But then I get back to Calgary and I'll be honest with you it's hard to keep that mentality up when you have these people around you pressuring you to look like them.

It's really crappy because I called Joy yesterday cause i was like half feel'n fine and dandy half feel's sick and gross. So, we were talking about this topic and such we came to this thingy to kinda help with it . At camp we had our thing going to *try* to actually accept complements when they were given and stuff like that and when i got back to calgary i started being me and laughing at them and being like ..( uh-huh are you missing your glasses ? )just not accepting it . so we decided to start the challenge that we had at camp again. and also whenever you're not feel'n pretty to remember that God made you special and very pretty on the inside ... lol and out-side . I know what you mean though when you have friends who are super gorgeous and they don't even where make-up and stuff . it makes you feel kinda like second best all the time.

Can I come with you to your little ewok-village thingy ?

Anonymous said...

I think you're beautiful even without Lululemon. And you're better off without it b/c frankly I'm pretty sure that lululemon is a cult. The people who WEAR their clothes aren't part of this cult (I admit to owning a few lulu items myself), but the establishment itself is sketchy to say the least.
Stand firm Anna!
Julie

Gregory said...

I'd love to come o the ewok village thingy Anna, if you'd accept me. If I can be inducted into the ranks of ewokism that is.
But yeah, i totally understand how you feel. I work in the bush (of which i am trying to get out of) and people are always asking me why i don't shave every day and why my hair is messy and why i wear tattered clothes, and I just say "Who have I got to impress?"
Anyways, Hope all is well
Greg

Jemma said...

Anna I am always up for a game of crib or six, you know that, call anytime. Until Hawaii it's you, me, and our ewok home. Please don't fall out of any trees, you need all your appendages for surfing.

Jenna

glynis said...

Defintiely silly to post on very oldness...o-well.

I miss you. I'm still transitioning. I've had bombarment of memories this week...it has been crazy.

Came I come be a hermit in your ewok village? Then I can visit you.

I am sad today. I don't feel...I don't know..Pretty. But not really pretty. I don't know the right word.

Gah.

I wish you lived in Calgary, Mumsey.