Saturday, February 10, 2007

just a spoon full of sugar...

As usual, Anna Horgus is right. It has been far too long since I shared my story with the peoples. Sadly, my story is rather short and uneventful. I will spare you all from my many "epic" tales of exam-writing and employment. It is my desire to bring words of great cheer and joy instead. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any at this time as my head is full of sinus fluid and might, at any given moment, explode and spray little bits of jenna cerebrum and cerebellum everywhere. As you might already have guessed, I am ill. Unlike my dear friend anna, I will not be attempting any courageous feats such as 'tire changing' or 'dance class' in the near future. Instead I will remain a prisoner of my spacious, comfortable loft, that is, at least for the next 24 hours. And oh, what a long 24 hours it will be. There is not even a television or good old fashioned game of twister in the vicinity.
I am still quite contagious so any gifts, flowers, money, soft, furry animals, and/or sympathy notes may be placed at the bottom of my staircase. I have positioned a little bell on the third stair from the bottom that people may ring to inform me that they have left me something. I do not have any masks or gloves available at this time so I advise gift-bearers not to linger. Although, I will leave a scheduler at the bottom of the stairs next to the bell so that my fan...I mean, friends, may request to spend time with me later on in the week when I not so close to death's door. Time slots are limited and will go fast so come early and bring the biggest gift.

Jenna

8 comments:

Jemma said...

Jenna,

It would be very sad if your brain exploded and there was cerebellum fluid all over. I would cry. I may keep your snowboard though. I know that it is one of your most prized posessions and so having it would be an eternal reminder of the great person that once was Jenna L. Wilkie.


Anna

Anonymous said...

Hmm what to get you? what to get ...
I give you my sympathy, I've had to watch 2 boys suffer the flu for the last week and it makes me want to make all sick people no longer sick, and immune to it forever. Being sick sucks. It's a fact. So, with that being said GET BETTER SOON! Love you jenna!

David Hengen said...

I don't remember being told to leave my gifts at the bottom of the stairs... I was allowed upstairs, weird.

Jemma said...

david you were only allowed upstairs because I have this thing where I submit the name of the person who brings me a gift into a special draw. I put your name in after you brought mcflurries and you were the winner of the lucky V.I.P. pass that day. Mind you, you were the only bearer of gifts at the time so your odd of winning the draw were increased substantially...

J

Lowell & Julie said...

I have Twister. I'll bring it over. Does that mean I win?
:)
Hope you feel better soon if you're not better already!

Jemma said...

Twister trumphs all, unfortunately (and fortunately) I am better now. But thankyou for the offer, you most definitely would have won.

Bid said...

Sure we'll hang out. Maybe this week? There seem to be a couple of opportunities including tonight and maybe Friday night? I don't know if Anna has talked to you about either. I'm assuming she has because she said she was going to. But yeah, we'll for sure hang out and it'll be super awesome....

Dan said...

I will give you something better than Notes, flowers or even twister, Brotherly Cynicism. Stop whining. Get your Wilkie Posterior of the floor and get back to work you Employed Bum

Dan