Wednesday, February 28, 2007

yogging

I have finally discovered a good use for this frigid artic north weather we are most often uncerimoniously subjected to. Jogging. Normally when I engage in strenuous activities that make me sweat I get far too overheated and then want to give up. Now I still want to give up just because jogging mostly sucks, but strangely enough I feel like I want to give up less. By the time I am finished and am arriving back at my house (10 minutes after leaving my house), I am a nice temperature. And if I find a way to ignore the stabbing pain in my chest and abdomen, and the lack of oxygen in my lungs, I figure I will eventually begin to somewhat tolerate jogging in the winter. Jogging in the summer is a entirely different thing altogether. The only way I can figure out how to get around the overheating issue is to jog naked. Yeah, exactly...the solution seems far too easy. I guess I still have awhile to think about it.

Someone once told me you feel something called a joggers high after jogging. The only high I feel is attributed to the fact that I am usually about to pass out due to the lack of oxygen going to my brain. Frankly smoking something seems easier.

Jenna

9 comments:

Jemma said...

Jenna,

you are soo funny. After myself, you are the funniest person I know!


Anna

Dan said...

For the sake of keeping my food in my stomache I better not hear rumors of my sister jogging naked in the summer. That would be disturbing and possible give me reacurring nightmares for the rest of my life. Find another way

Dan

David Hengen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Hengen said...

if a joggers high is akin to wanting to barf, then yeah, i would say go jogging. otherwise i'm going to stay at home and read a book.

Duane Clemens said...

Jenna, there's a few problems with jogging naked...One is that you're naked, exposed for the world to see...that would be awkward enough. The second problem is that things move when you jog and it would probably hurt...a lot...maybe instead of jogging naked you should think about jogging with minimal amounts of clothing that offer maximum amounts of support.

D

Jemma said...

Hmm, you know what is just as awkward as people seeing me jog naked? people talking about me jogging naked. I realise I brought this on myself.
Okay here it is: coolness verses pain. I can handle a little bit of pain if it means nice and breezy:)

J

Anonymous said...

Obviously - you have never jogged in the nude - nice and breezy - versus pain? If the pain was temporary - maybe - but when you are still sore the next day? I don't know - I go with duane - minimal clothing - maximal support.... That, and pick your route based on who waters their lawn - that way you always have a selection of running through sprinklers!

Jemma said...

sprinklers...brilliant. overheating crisis averted.

J

Dan said...

Or just go jogging on a rainy day. Plus it always give's you an excuse for when it is sunny and you know you should be doing somthing but your not. No Rain no Gain.