Thursday, June 22, 2006

the saddest kind of goodbye

I cannot express properly in words the grief I am feeling right now. My pet frogs. Dead. All I wanted to do was get them a bigger and better tank to romp and play in. They just had that little beta fish tank...it seemed cramped. Little did I know that, to them, it was perfect. I forced them out of their home into a new home and they hated it so much they keeled over. I had had them for just over a year. They travelled with me from Lethbridge to Edmonton and from Edmonton to Elkford...they withstood the freezing winter without a temperature regulator in their tank...they survived the cat trying to scoop them out of the tank with her paw. All I did was put them in a bigger, brighter tank. My poor little frogs.

For months my friends would come over and ask if I had killed them yet. I was so proud of myself for keeping them alive this long. Well now my friends....the answer is this: "yes, I have killed them."

Goodbye little buddies.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

now you can join the ranks of "people held responsible for killing pets who actually shouldn't be held responsible"."
david graham believes i killed his shrimp, he even made me a t-shirt that says "MURDERER" across the front.
i'm sorry about your pets though, that is sad.

~kevan~ said...

If it's any consolation - you did a lot better than I expected you to!

~kevan~ said...

not meant to be harsh at all. do you remember when Jenna and Ange decided to buy some seahorses as pets? those dumb little shrimp must have lived the most tortured existence ever. so i assumed that when Jenna got frogs shortly after the last of the shrimp had finally died, that the frogs would not suffer a much better fate.

Jemma said...

first of all...they are seamonkies, not seahorses. Second, they weren't dumb. And thirdly, they were hardly pets, we thought they would do tricks for us but instead they decided to be lazy so for that they had to die.

Oh, and as it turns out the frogs died due to too much chlorine in the water. Oops. Good news though, they are only $3 each.

J

Jemma said...

lisa...here's the thing. technically I am responsible for killing them. I am a murderer. perhaps I should also have a shirt made. other than people I can't seem to keep anything alive.

jenna