Thursday, June 15, 2006

so long, farewell

I had to part ways with my dearest friend tonight for the rest of the summer. It was very sad, but the evening was fun (as they always are). We walked downtown for frappacinos from the starbucks...if you walk 600 miles to get them then I find you feel less guilty about consuming them. After we watched a movie whilst we stuffed our faces (or gourmandised, as some would say) with ice cream and chewy cookies. We laughed until we choked on our tea (or at least until I choked on my tea) and then said our goodbyes. And while I will miss my friend dearly while they are gone, sometimes it is good to give up the things we love for awhile so that we can better understand how much they mean to us. I take the bulk of my friendships for granted.

It will take me until the end of summer (at least) to work off the cookies and ice cream...just in time to welcome my friend home and do it all over again.

Jenna

"People fashion their God after their own understanding. They make their God first and worship him afterwards." - Oscar Wilde

No comments: