Tuesday, January 23, 2007

dance dance revolution

there was a day when Jenna blogged more than I. Can I steal the right to bother Jenna about needing to Blog more often? votes?

Dance lessons started tonight. First we watched them demonstrate the dance and then after a few practises with girls on one side and boys on the other, then we had to go find a partner and dance. Well, I sucked soo much that guys ran away from me. Practising on separate sides was actually a chance for guys and girls to size eachother up and check out skills. At least that is my theory. It was lucky for me though when Ruthey left and her partner was left unattended. After staying an extra hour after the lesson for some extra instruction (from James) I think that I have a tiny grasp of the footwork for the Waltz.

By the end of the semester I anticipate being able to do one dance. But not one single one, a new modernized combination of all the dances that looks nothing like anything the dance instructors could recognize. I am convinced that since my learning curve is longer than everyone else, I will not master any and have to improvise a combination of all of them. This will be the birth of the new one. during The spring I may hold my own dance lessons for anyone interested in learning modern ballroom dances for the gracefully inept. Sign up will start soon and cost will be a skill trade-off. I give you dance lesson you teach me a new skill of yours.


Sign up here.


Anna

6 comments:

Jemma said...

can I vote?

jenna

Duane Clemens said...

Edmonton is too far to travel...plus I don't like to dance...It's against my religion.

D

Jemma said...

Jenna,

You can not vote.

Love anna

TheFatPonchoBelly said...

Hmm I want to take lessons!. I will teach you the basic tango and you can teach me what beautiful moves you know.okay?okay.

Bid said...

Anna - teach me your ways o wise teacher!!!

Dan said...

Anna- I will teach you how to be blissfully ignorant of people trying to chew you out. And if I really learn somthing. Ill teach you how to add charly brown teacher voices while they do so. Sounds fair to me

Dan