Wednesday, February 01, 2006

bus stops and blind people

I was walking down whyte ave today when I suddenly started thinking back to the time in Lethbridge when I was assaulted at a bus stop by a blind man (I am the most nostalgic when I am walking). Sort of a humorous situation actually. I was peacefully waiting for my bus outside of the hospital early one morning after a long night shift when all of a sudden I was interrupted by a semi-loud "WHAP!" followed by a sharp pain in my calves. I hadn't a clue as to why I was in pain at that moment but nevertheless I was filled with an instant rage. "%@#$," I thought. "Why would someone hit me like that? I was just minding my own friggin' business. I turned around to give this inconsiderate jerk a piece of my mind. I had fully expected to see a young punk, probably a teenager, dressed in black leather with a stupid haircut, stupid multiple piercings, and with a smug grin on his stupid face but instead I saw...a man with dark shades frantically flailing a stick around looking a tad bit precarious. I think he maybe thought my calves were the bus stop sign. I quickly jumped out of his way when I realized my mistake because at that moment he was walking very rapidly towards me and still whipping his stick around. I felt very guilty. I almost yelled at a blind guy.

J.Wilgus

1 comment:

David Hengen said...

hmmm... sounds like a good story. not really much to comment on. however, if you had yelled at a blind guy, you would have felt really bad.