Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Torn between yesterday and tommorrow...

I went to a wedding this weekend past,
where there I met my past
Faded memories almost clear again,
as if it were still yesterday.

Although only a year has passed
since these memories were my friends,
they seem just as strange
as the strange new place I am in.

In the ambivalent existence that I have carved,
nothing seems familiar
caught wandering between
yesterday and tommorrow.



I moved to Edmonton because I wanted change. The ironic thing about it now is that the change that I sought before is what I am sick of now. Now I want what I had. I suppose you have to be lost sometimes to find home. I have to admit though that God knew what he was doing in bringing me here. I could not have changed if I were still living in yesterday. Who knew that I would be frequenting a Humptys once a week eating revolting food and drnking cold coffee, and that it would be my favourite place in Edmonton because of who I meet there. I absolutely hate Humptys. I feel dirty just walking in there. The food is terrible and the washrooms speak for the whole restaurant with vending machines featuring condoms. But it is Humptys that is geographically located about halfway between me and Jenna, so it is there that we meet.

Humptys reminds me of the 2004 summer olympics. Why? because it is there at 5:30am while watching olympics that I laughed so hard that Bacon came out up and out my nose. Never was bacon so painful. For hours bacon came out. I breathed and it came out. I sneezed all day. I still can not eat bacon.


Good night dear Jenna. I must go to bed.

2 comments:

David Hengen said...

i agree with what you say about not being able to change if you don't leave the past. that's wisdom. keep it real anna, we'll party like its millineum.

Anonymous said...

you know - we could always frequent some other sleazy diner (I heard some of the other bathroom vending machines vend perfume and fake tattoos!). hey, what about that zellars restaurant...