Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I feel melancholy tonight. It has gripped my heart and squeezed it so that I feel a desperation and almost a need to cry. What do you do when the pain you feel is not tangible like a cut on your leg? You know that time and maybe a band-aid will heal the cut. A heart might heal in time, but what band-aid can you put on it? There is no formula for that, no assurance. A close friend is hurting and torn up from heart pain. It reminded me of my own shredded heart that I had tried to fix, until the band-aid began falling off. I want to tell her that it will go away and that it can be fixed, when from my own story I can only say that it probably will not. At least not the way that we would want it to. So to this friend I say I am crying with you. At least someone understands.

A.Wilgus

No comments: