Thursday, February 02, 2006

Here I stand on the edge of a diving board yearning to plunge. Looking over the edge I flirt with the idea of jumping. Years of training to navigate ground have solidified a mastery of its turns and twists, or at least I have a created a compass that never fails in directing me through its traffic. I have nurtured a grid of reasoning and rationalization that I can plot any decision on and come up with the best response. I trust it with my life and use it for everything. This saves me from using the uncertain tumultuous waves of emotion to propel me. Emotionless existence makes life a little more safe. SO why do I stand here wanting to taste something more unplottable? Waves can toss you in any direction under wavering weather forecasts. But I desire the uncertain sometimes. So I climb the ladder to the diving board and wait for something to push me into the water so that I dont regret making the jump myself if the water is a little too cold. After a while I have become bored waiting for the push. I want to jump, but cant lift my foot. i can see others enjoying the pleasures of thre surfaces joys, but i know that there are others riding the waves trapped somewhere underneath because the waves were too much to handle.

A. Wilgus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anna I thought of a possible solution for you. what if...I pushed you off the diving board? I could save you if you started drowning.